31 July 2012

At 23


When I was 23, I had a life in monotony; waking up early when everyone else is on the peak of their dreams because I have to be at work.

When I was 23 I grew my hair until almost you know where, without a plan to cut it short inasmuch as I had no plans for my life.


When I was 23, I frequented mountains and seas because it's there that I could take repose on my labor to satisfy exsistential cravin
gs.

When I was 23, I was like a boat saling... only without any direction... but always on my way.


When I was 23, in my labored attempts to find myself, I lost it with only the slight hope of finding it.


When I was 23, you were 18 and beaming.


Now that you are 23 yourself, I would say do not say hesitate monotony for in it there is harmony; nor tire over everydays' work for you'll soon realize the priceless feeling of sacrifice.


... you may grow your hair in whatever way you want. Sometimes we do things not for reasons but for feelings.


...make friends with nature, seas and mountains are always there when everyone else may leave. Find your place where you can shout or whisper your triumphs and frustrations in your attempts to champion life.


...continue sailing even how aimlessly. In due time you will find your own North Star to follow and soon find its rest. Just do not lose the lessons along the way.



...rediscover your values. Whatever makes you pause for  a while or makes you laugh hard or makes you shed tears or simply makes you sigh a satsifaction from within are the things and people that will make you happy and meaningful. Not whoever, not elsewhere. It might just be around the corner, someone you overlook.


...do not be afraid to lose yourself. Sometimes it is when losing that we find what we are looking for. 
 

Now you are 23... you may not be able to understand it all, but believe you'll soon find out how it feels like. An you'll see the difference when you are about to be 28.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Doy,
Mundicks Escabusa. May HIS Blessings be!

No comments: